Monday, 20 January 2014

Anticipating the unknown - a student's perspective

Highlighting a series of expectations for this international study tour is difficult. Especially considering that I will be exposed to foreign cultural, political and environmental elements that help shape Sri Lanka. I have rarely experienced the conditions in a developing nation firsthand and this presents a challenge --  how can I identify the solutions or appropriate responses to planning practice matters in Sri Lanka, if I lack an understanding of how these elements function in a developing nation in the first place?

An open mind should help uncover the appropriate stance and response to the planning practice issues at stake, whilst broadening my horizon in the process. Setting aside any preconceived judgements and opinions that are the cultural roots of my cognitive development in Australia may provide a greater chance to facilitate this learning process.

Finally, I find it much easier to state what I am looking forward to - the food, the culture, the scenery, the practical planning experience and it wouldn’t hurt to get amongst the nightlife and leisure activities. Overall, I am anticipating an adventure and an exciting opportunity to try new things, especially those that place me outside my comfort zone.

Isaac Sharp
Third Year - Bachelor of Urban, Rural and Environmental Planning

23 comments:

1. Great Article
    Cloud Computing Projects

Networking Projects

Final Year Projects for CSE

JavaScript Training in Chennai

JavaScript Training in Chennai

The Angular Training covers a wide range of topics including Components, Angular Directives, Angular Services, Pipes, security fundamentals, Routing, and Angular programmability. The new Angular TRaining will lay the foundation you need to specialise in Single Page Application developer. Angular Training

ReplyDelete
  2. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. 한국야동

Also feel free to visit may web page 야한동영상

ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also 야설

Also feel free to visit may web page 한국야동

ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is one of the most meaningful information for me. And I'm animated reading your article. But should remark on some general things, the website style is perfect; the articles are great. Thanks for the ton of tangible and attainable help 야동

Also feel free to visit may web page 일본야동

ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post. 국산야동

Also feel free to visit may web page 야설

ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is very open with a clear description of the issues. It was definitely informative. Your website is useful. Many thanks for sharing. 한국야동

Also feel free to visit may web page 야설

ReplyDelete
  7. Fine way of describing, and nice article to take facts about my presentation topic,

온라인카지노
    카지노사이트
    바카라사이트

ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your post. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

바카라사이트
    카지노사이트
    카지노사이트홈

ReplyDelete
  9. I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.

사설토토
    먹튀검증
    프로토

ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, amazing weblog structure! How long have you ever been blogging for? you made running a blog glance easy.

토토
    스포츠중계
    해외스포츠중계

ReplyDelete
  11. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely

스포츠토토티비
    해외야구중계

ReplyDelete
  12. It seems like I've never seen an article of a kind like . It literally means the best thorn. It seems to be a fantastic article. It is the best among articles related to 바카라사이트. seems very easy, but it's a difficult kind of article, and it's perfect.

ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, this was an extremely good post. Taking the time and actual effort to make a good article?but what can I say?I procrastinate a lot and don’t seem to get nearly anything done. Feel free to visit my website; 먹튀검증

ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. Feel free to visit my website; 바카라사이트

ReplyDelete
  15. Before Commenting, I wanna say thank you for providing this great information. I feel too good to read it this awesome blog. Keep sharing this type of content. Feel free to visit my website; 바카라사이트

ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there, I found your site by the use of Google whilst searching for a similar topic, your site got here up, it looks good. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks. Feel free to visit my website; 토토사이트

ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment! Feel free to visit my website; 바카라사이트

ReplyDelete
  18. As I am looking at your writing, I regret being unable to do outdoor activities due to Corona 19, and I miss my old daily life. If you also miss the daily life of those days, would you please visit my site once? My site is a site where I post about photos and daily life when I was free.keo nha cai

ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning!! I am also blogging with you. In my blog, articles related to are mainly written, and they are usually called 메이저사이트. If you are curious about , please visit!!

ReplyDelete
  20. I think I have never observed such web journals ever that has finish things with all points of interest which I need. So sympathetically refresh this ever for us. This is very interesting, Feel free to visit my website;
    야설

ReplyDelete
  21. This is also a very good post which I really enjoy reading. It is not everyday that I have the possibility to see something like this. Feel free to visit my website; 한국야동

ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for sharing this post. It is a great post, I am really impressed by your post. It’s really useful Feel free to visit my website; 일본야동

ReplyDelete
  23. Admiring the time and energy you put into your site and in depth information you offer. It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashed information. Excellent read! Feel free to visit my website; 일본야동

ReplyDelete